How to bulk create external users
This guide will show you how to bulk create external users.
What to know:
Please contact Learning Mall site administrator / managers to upload the user data for account creation.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Put data into system recognized format
Please put the data into the format that the system can recognize. (The template is attached in the guide.)
- 'Original username' is 'firstname.lastname', e.g. san.zhang
- 'username' is 'firstname.lastname' + 'et', e.g. san.zhanget. (This is to differentiate the external accounts from XJLTU accounts.)
- 'username' is in lower case, 'firstname' and 'lastname' have first character in the upper case.
- 'group1' is optional information
Step 2: Check duplicated username within Excel sheet
1. Please check the duplicated username within the user accounts you provided in this Excel sheet.
2. If you find duplicated usernames, please add '01' and '02' at the end of the usernames, as shown below.
Step 3: Check duplicated username with existing external accounts
You can download the existing external accounts from Box: here
Then please check the duplicated account 'Original Username' and 'email address'.
- If 'Original username' is duplicated, then please check how many usernames there are with the same 'original username'. E.g. if there are 2 existing accounts with the same original username (e.g. san.zhang01, san.zhang02), then the new one you create need to use the username san.zhang03.
- If email address is the same, then please inform students to use their existing account with this email address.
Step 4: Filter out accounts with XJTLU emails
In the 'email' column, please filter out the email with word 'XJTLU', including @xjtlul.edu.cn, @student.xjtlu.edu.cn, @alumini.xjtlu.edu.cn
Then put the account information with XJLTU email addresses to a separate Excel sheet, and remove these accounts in the original Excel sheet.
Step 5: Send to email@example.com
Please send the two Excel sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org for account creation.